Daisypath Friendship tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 30, 2009

Miranda is Here





Miranda Paige
March 19th, 2009
7lbs 1 oz
20 inches



My water broke a t 3:15 AM in the morning and I was admitted right away. There was meconium in the fluids and so I was given Pitocin to speed the delivery along.

I only made it to 3 cm before I had to have an epidural. The epidural was AMAZING! No pain at all for the next 8 hours or so as I progressed from 3- 8 cm.
And then the epidural wore off immediately. I was checked and was told I could not have any more meds because I was already at 9.
Ten minutes later, I was at 10 cm and ready to push.
All it took was about 30 minutes of pushing and we had a beautiful little girl. APGAR: 9/9
The delivery was uncomplicated and the recovery was very easy considering. Mom and baby were only in the hospital for the mandatory 24 hours and then went home.
At home, we had a few days to ourselves. The pictures up top are of mom and baby and daddy-daughter bonding time :)